Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fashion: Flare


I have to admit that while I love skinny jeans, I am so happy to see that flares and wide legs are on trend again and have made their way back into the market.

Flares are more comfortable and more forgiving of most body shapes and, in my mind, they can look effortlessly chic when paired with a simple top and some fun accessories.

I also love the fact that many people associate flare jeans with the 70's (I can hear my mother saying "I used to have jeans exactly like those!" right now...) and who doesn't have an affinity for the era of free love.  These jeans are a particularly great fit because they are high waisted - giving the illusion of long legs (which I definitely don't have!) and because they are Seven for all Mankind, one of my favorite denim brands. Everyone has their own favorite brand but this happens to be one of mine because I can always find a pair to fit my petite frame.

Keeping on trend with the 70's theme, I paired my flares with a cropped LOVE tee and some ridiculously high t-strap platforms... I'm 5'1 (like I said, no long legs here) so I will take any help I can get from these 6 inch heels! Another benefit to wearing sky high platforms is that they prevent your flares from dragging on the ground. Torn and tattered hems are just not cute... unless you're trying to channel Abercrombie and Fitch circa 2000 (please don't).

You will also notice that much of my outfit is from Forever 21 (not the denim...always invest in good denim!)...I know this store is often a mad house - especially in Manhattan - but I have developed a skill (of which many of my friends and coworkers are jealous) for quickly sifting through the trashy stuff to get to the good stuff...but you too can and will acquire this skill if you patiently visit a Manhattan F21 store everyday because your office is right across the street a few times... After all, practice makes perfect, right?





Jeans: Seven for all Mankind
Top / Heart Necklace / LOVE necklace / Flower ring / Silver Bangles / Sunglasses: Forever 21
Green glass bangles: street vendor
Silver Sparkly Socks: ps from aeropostale
Shoes: Jessica Simpson Dany Platforms
Belt: Urban Outfitters

0 comments:

Post a Comment