Tuesday, February 8, 2011

FITNESS: A quick rant…



It’s that time of year again - a few weeks into January - and everybody’s New Years Resolutions (hit the gym everyday, lose a few pounds, yadee yadee yada) are starting to lose their shimmer and shine.
Luckily, because I am a self proclaimed gym rat and have educated myself in the arenas of health and fitness, I never succumb to the vicious cycle that is a New Years Resolution: Vow to go to the gym and eat healthy everyday -stick with this plan formaybe a week - then fall back into the ease comfort ofcouchpotatoness
Unfortunately, everyone is not as motivated or well informed as I am, and I get frustrated with you fat lazy people!!! accept that fact.
In the past few days, due to the diminishing luster of the aforementioned almighty New Years Resolution, I have received numerous requests for work out tips and tricks - female friends and coworkers trying to drag out stick to the resolution just.one.more.day.
So here’s the big secret ladies… 
LIFT WEIGHTS! 
Yes, actual weights… you know, dumbbells?! I’m not talking 2 and 3 pounders either, girls… USE YOUR MUSCLES! All cardio and no weights is like a cupcake without icing - what the hell is the point!? Maybe a cupcake analogy wasn’t the best choice for this particular post…
The bottom line is - and I will get into the science of it all at another time - you need to incorporate weights into your workouts if you really want to be lean, fit, and f***ing fabulous…and I know you do. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment